I made you a promise Tony.
And I will always keep it.
oh god im crying
STOP IT. STOP
The sure fire way to make any one cry.
Today’s the day. The day you help save the internet from being ruined.
(Long story short: The FCC is about to make a critical decision as to whether or not internet service providers have to treat all traffic equally. If they choose wrong, then the internet where anyone can start a website for any reason at all, the internet that’s been so momentous, funny, weird, and surprising—that internet could cease to exist. Here’s your chance to preserve a beautiful thing.)
(I know I’m just one of your quiet followers, but here is Bolt Jr., who wants to give you a hug to make you feel better.
Hope things go better for you uwu)
Bolt Jr. is ADORABLE and i would love a hug from him
thank you so much <3
Talk Like a Physicist
It’s very easy, just rehearse these phrases… and try use them with confidence in every conversation.
- Use “canonical” when you mean “usual” or “standard.” As in, “the canonical example of talking like a physicist is to use the word ‘canonical’.”
- Use “orthogonal” to refer to things that are mutually-exclusive or can’t coincide. “We keep playing phone tag — I think our schedules must be orthogonal”.
- “About” becomes “to a first-order approximation”.
- Things are not difficult, they are “non-trivial”.
- Large discrepancies are “orders of magnitude apart”.
- You’re not being lazy, you are in your “ground state”.
- A tiny amount is “vanishingly small” or “negligible”. Really small is “infinitesimal”.
- it’s not a wire, it’s a “conductor”.
- You aren’t overweight, you are “thermodynamically efficient”.
Via Swans on Tea: Talk Like a Physicist Day
- Baby: m-m-m
- Mother: what are you trying to say? mommy?
- Baby: MEGATRON HAS FALLEN. I, STARSCREAM, NOW LEAD THE DECEPTICONS.
Help me Study Abroad!!!
Click here to donate - Every Dollar Counts
Hey Robotics Kids,
I was on a robotics team in high school and continue to mentor my team CRUSH 1011 while in college. It has been my dream since middle school to study abroad in Italy and now I finally have the chance! If you can spare any money (like seriously even a $1) click on the link and help me out. If not, I understand but please reblog so hopefully somebody else can help me achieve this goal!
WHY ARENT THERE ADULT-SIZED PLAYGROUNDS
LIKE EVERYTHING IS THE SAME AS A KIDS PLAYGROUND
WHY DO WE NOT HAVE THOSE
theme parks. just. theme parks.
but u have to pay for theme parks
that’s the adult part
son of a bitch
ladies and gentlemen, behold
the St. Louis City Museum:
Playground for adults and children.
They even serve alcohol.
I know where we’re going guys
Who remembers this?
if you’re interested, this person is trying to organize a food/meal drive for elementary school kids in Ferguson.
schools in Ferguson have been closed since Monday and that’s where a LOT of the kids in Ferguson get their food from, to explain how important this is.
WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE
If you guys can spare any money please or at least spread this around